Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Monday, November 16, 2009

Wednesday at Caprene's House: Spaghetti Squash

I really don't eat a lot for dinner (I'm a big lunch person.) So, 1/4 a spaghetti squash was dinner on Wednesday (and lunch on Thursday, Friday and Saturday)

Preparation:
Cut the squash in two (Does anyone else struggle when cutting squash? I think it takes longer to cut up a squash than to cook it...)

I place the halves face down on a cookie rack (sometimes I use a roasting pan with the roasting rack). I fill the bottom of the cookie sheet with water and placed the cookie sheet in the oven. 350 degrees for an hour.


I'll admit, one of the reasons I like spaghetti squash, I like to use my fork to scrape up the spaghetti like strands.

I just top the squash with spaghetti sauce (when I'm out of homemade sauce, I'm a fan of Newman's Own Spaghetti Sauce) and cheese.

I try to eat as much fresh squash as I can in the Fall.

No comments: