Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Monday at Shawnee's

Chicken Enchiladas


Ingredients:
1 large can chicken OR 3 cooked, skinless chicken breasts...shredded
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use the "Healthy Request"...less sodium and fat)
1 can diced chili peppers (or more if you like the flavor)
1 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat tastes better, but I use low or reduced fat)
1 TBSP chili powder (or more if you like the spice)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzerella)
8-10 flour tortillas (I use wheat, but like the flavor with white better)

Instructions:
On medium heat, mix everything together except cheese and tortillas. Take 1/4 cup mixture and put on flour tortillas, top with cheese and roll up. Place in casserole dish. After all tortillas are used (or you have no more room in your dish), take remaining sauce and cover up the rolled tortillas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

This makes a lot, so you could definitely cut the recipe in half. (But we like these the next day for leftovers, so I usually make a whole pan.)

My recipe is tasty, but the next time I make them, I might try this one instead from Pioneer Woman.

No comments: