Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunday at Gina's

My last day of the Cook Challenge. *Sniff* What will I do with myself?! Two words: take out. Ha! It really was fun doing the cook challenge, don't cha think? It has really motivated and inspired me!

Now, for Sunday at Gina's. We had scrumptious, semi-fattening Tostadas. What's better than deep-fried corn tortillas slathered with beans, beef, and veggies? I mean really. This recipe is similar to my Navajo Taco one, but trust me...they do taste different.

ingredients
veg. oil for frying
corn tortillas (they usually come in large quantities...freeze the rest!)
1 can of refried beans (one can usually makes 6-8 tostadas)
1/2 pound ground beef (or more if you want)
taco seasoning


other toppings
lettuce, diced
tomatoes, diced
sour cream
shredded cheese
olives
etc....

instructions
Warm up 1/4" to 1/2" of oil in a small frying pan on medium heat or just above. Once oil is hot, start placing corn torts in individually, flipping from front to back, until browned or crispy. Set aside.

Cook ground beef, adding taco seasoning for flavor. Warm up refried beans.

Put 1 spoon full of warm refried beans on cooked tort - and "frost" it around. Add a spoon full of ground beef. Layer other toppings as wanted.

Eat with hands, or with a fork. Enjoy!

No comments: