Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thursday at Shawnee's

Bean Burritos with (Spring) Greens

My computer ate my picture of this. I'm very disappointed because it looked so pretty with all the colors. Oh well, use your imagination and when I make it again I'll post a picture! This was a new recipe from earlier in the summer. I loved it because it was a yummy way to sneak those leafy greens in.

Ingredients:
1 green/spring garlic (or use what garlic is in season)
1 baby walla walla onion (or use your favorite onion)
1 bunch cooking greens (spinach, kale, chard, etc.)
2 TBSP olive oil
salt to taste
1 can refried beans (I used refried black beans)
4 warm tortillas
Shredded cheese (as much as you want)
Toppings: salsa, avocado, limes, sour cream, etc.

Instructions:
Finely chop onion and garlic. Saute onion, garlic, and greens in olive oil for about 5 minutes. (I find it best if you saute the onion and garlic together first, then add the greens.) Salt to taste. Layer greens mixture with warmed beans, cheese and other toppings of your choice on tortillas. Roll up tortilla and serve.


No comments: