Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Caribbean Pork Loin with Pineapple Raisin Relish [Cook Challenge: Rediscovering the Lost Art of Cooking]

I had planned to make something I learned to make on my recent trip to Toronto, but it's a bit like this recipe, as in takes more than a day to prepare. With the busyness of the last few weeks, I forgot all I needed to do to prepare the pork loin. So last night I found this recipe in my friend's magazine. Turned out pretty good.

Pork Loin Ingredients:
1 c oregano leaves
1 c cilantro
1/2 c pineapple juice
1 T lime peel
3 T lime juice
2 t salt
4 cloves garlic
1-1/2 t cumin
*1/2 c olive oil
*4lb pork loin (recipe calls for bone in, I prefer boneless)

Pork Loin Instructions:
Trim your pork loin of any visible fat (at least, that's what I did). Cut slits across the top of the pork loin (so that the sauce can soak into the meat) and place in a roasting pan.

Combine all the ingredients without stars listed above in your food processor or blender. Once everything is well pureed, add the olive oil as you continue mixing. Pour about 1/3 of the sauce on top of the pork loin.

Bake at 325 degrees for 60-90 minutes (until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees). I poured some more sauce onto the pork loin 30 minutes in and the last of the sauce onto the pork loin 60 minutes into the baking time.

Once cooked, remove from oven and wrap the pork loin in tin foil for 10 minutes.

Pineapple Raisin Relish Ingredients:
1 1/2 c pineapple
1/4 c pineapple juice
1 c golden raisins
4 green onions
3 T lime juice
2 T cilantro
1/4 t salt

Pineapple Raisin Relish Instructions:
I put it all into the food processor and just hit the pulse a couple times to chop and mix it all up.

Optional Tortilla Chips:
8 corn tortillas, quartered
Canola oil

* Fry the tortillas in the oil (I'm sure you figured that out)

Remove the pork loin from the tin foil, slice into medallions, garnish with relish and chips. I also quartered some limes so that you could add more lime flavor if wanted.

Two of my friends, some of the satisfied dinner guests who joined me for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love pork loin, this looks like a great recipe with some flavors I would have not thought to use. I'm going to try it!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Looks great!!! Thanks for sharing, what a great blog! Have a great day!
Bonnie
Please check out my Earth Day giveaway at http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/2010/04/earth-day-giveaway-2010.html