Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Friday, April 9, 2010

Apple-Cinnamon Bundt Cake


Yup, another apple recipe. In my mind, when I make dessert with fruit as an ingredient, it makes the dessert healthy ... right? I use apples a lot because I love using this:

My all-in-one apple peeler, slicer and corer.
I love it!

(also works great for potatoes and anything else I need sliced and peeled...)

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c flour
1 T cinnamon
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 1/4 c brown sugar
1 c butter, melted
4 eggs, room temperature
6 apples - peeled, sliced, cored (you may borrow my little tool if you like...)

Instructions:
Mix together all the dry ingredients.
Add the apple slices to the dry ingredients and toss.
Melt the butter. Whip the eggs and add about 1/3 of the melted butter to the eggs and mix. Then add the rest of the butter to the eggs.
Add the egg/butter mix to the dry ingredients + apple.
The end result will not be a wet cake batter.

Here's a picture of my batter.
Hopefully you can tell there is still a lot of dry flour...


Spoon the mix into a well-greased bundt pan.
Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
Cool for 15 minutes and carefully flip the pan for the cake to drop out.

Optional Glaze:
1 c water
2 T water (really, that's all you will need.)

Drizzle the glaze atop the cake before serving.

No comments: