Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Friday, April 9, 2010

(Fall) Apple Bavarian Cheesecake


This is one of the desserts I made for the bake sale tomorrow. Actually, I made two of these. The treats I made sort fall in line with our challenge since it is from scratch... I put the "fall" in parenthesis since it's spring right now. I think this is delicious any time of year.

Ingredients:
Step 1 - Crust
1 sleeve graham crackers
1/3 c butter, room temperature

I put the graham crackers in my food processor until fine crumbs. Add the butter and process. Press the buttery crumbs into a 9" pie dish.

Step 2 - Cheesecake
16 oz cheese cake, room temperature
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t vanilla
2 eggs

I actually mixed all these in my food processor too until smooth. Pour into pie dish.

Step 3 - Topping
1 apple - peeled, sliced, cored
3 T sugar
1/4 c almond slices
1/4 t cinnamon

Lay the slices atop the cheesecake, sprinkle with almonds, sugar and cinnamon.

Bake cheesecake at 350 for 40 minutes or until sets (I do 45 minutes and haven't had issues). Cool on rack. Cool in refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments: