Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Saturday, March 13, 2010

Low Calorie Banana Muffins





1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1\2 teaspoon baking soda
1\8 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed banana
1\4 cup sugar
1\4 cup applesauce
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Combine all the dry ingredients together

In a separate bowl add the remaining ingredients

Slowly pour the dry mixture in with the wet ingredients and mix well

Pour into a greased muffin tin and bake at 350 for 15 mintues

{each muffin has approximately 75 calories and .5 grams of fat}

{I doubled this recipe and it made about 18 large muffins}

{I didn't have regular applesauce, only raspberry flavored, I used that and it still worked out okay, and added a sweeter flavor. After my first dozen muffins, I threw in a handful of chocolate chips to the batter, and I loved how the chocolate chip versions turned out!}

1 comment:

ificould said...

Love the new layout!! These muffins sound great- especially if you add the chocolate chips! Keep up the good recipes.