Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Monday, August 10, 2009

White Chocolate Mint Cupcakes

I am TOTALLY and completely in love with pretty much anything mint. When I had these cupcakes for the first time I wanted to eat the whole platter! I've had someone say that they taste like Christmas so you could definitely use them for the holidays, but I like to make them year round because they are delicious! And don't be intimidated by the recipe, it's actually much easier than it looks~


Chocolate Mint Cupcakes

1 pkg butter recipe chocolate cake mix
1 small pkg (3 oz) chocolate instant pudding
1 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 4.67 oz package Andes mints (I used one package of the already chopped bits in the baking isle)

Add the dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla together. Mix on low for 30 seconds, scrape sides and continue mixing for 2 min. Coarsely chop Andes mints (or use the pre-chopped mints) and fold into batter.

Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 min. Cool completely before frosting.


White Chocolate Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting

6 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used one box bakers white chocolate)
4 oz cream cheese (room temp)
4 Tbls butter (room temp)
1 tsp peppermint extract
2-2 1/2 cups powder sugar

Place the white chocolate in small glass bowl and microwave on high for 1 min. Remove and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.

Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until well combined, about 30 sec. Add melted white chocolate and blend on a low speed until just combined, about 30 sec. Add peppermint extract and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Blend on low speed and then increase speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy. Add more sugar if needed to make spreadable consistency.

*NOTE: Do not put frosting in the fridge! It will become unspreadable quite quickly when cold and you can't heat it up or it will separate.

~Enjoy!

4 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

I love anything mint, too~ I would eat the entire platter. In the closet. In the dark...

Amber said...

I can't wait to try these! I love that they have mint in them and on top of them!

Danielle Mahoney said...

That frosting sounds delicious. I have never used white chocolate in my cream cheese frosting and I am excited to try it. Thanks

Amber said...

My birthday was last week so I begged my sister to make them for me. Oh my gosh they were amazing!!!! We will be making them many more times!