Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Friday, August 28, 2009

Rudy's Creamed Corn


I travel to Texas about once a year for work, and have had the privilege of tasting a whole lot of scrumptious barbecue. One of my favorite spots is Rudys - though what stood out more to me the first visit, more than the incredible meat, was the creamed corn. I search the web, tried some recipes and find this one to be the most like that in the restaurant.

Ingredients:
16oz frozen corn
1 stick cream cheese, cubed
1/8 c butter, cubed
1 T sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Mix everything together in a crock pot
Cook for high for about 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so
Then lower the heat, still stirring often until cream cheese and butter are melted
Serve nice and hot and creamy

some tips:
*I actually use more corn than the recipe calls for, about 24oz instead of 16, then you don't get quite as much cream in each bite a - healthier option right?
*Also, you can of course substitute milk for the heavy cream and use fat-free sour cream.

Now if I can just find the recipe for their secret sauce...

1 comment:

Gina said...

Looks perfect Caprene!