Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cottage Cheese salad

One of my go-to lunches that I prepare for myself and my daughter on a weekly basis is so simply, yet so incredibly delicious {assuming you like the two major ingredients}

 ingredients:

cottage cheese 
avocado




  • I usually do about one cup low-fat cottage cheese and then dice or mash up one half of a large avocado.

Trust me, it is really divine, and quite filling. When it's for my daughter I usually give her a banana or some mandarin oranges on the side, when they're on hand.

When I make it for myself I also add in some diced tomatoes and then grind pepper over it, and if I am feeling adventurous, I warm up a whole wheat pita pocket and eat that with it as well.

It is really simple, but believe me when I say it is really yummy. And proof that kids will eat this:


1 comment:

Gina said...

Love this. I love love cottage cheese with tomatoes and pepper too! And I love the idea of the whole wheat pita bread with it...mmmm.