Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Banana Cupcakes With Whipped Chocolate Buttercream Frosting


I haven't posted in a long time, but I just had to share these delicious cupcake/bread and frosting recipes.  They are SO yummy I find myself craving them all the time.  The whipped chocolate buttercream frosting is the best I've ever had, but I warn you, it is not very good for you.

If you make this recipe as cupcakes, I would suggest keeping the frosting refrigerated until just prior to serving. I made the banana recipe as both cupcakes and bread, and I recommend both! 

(Please pardon the picture, it was taken with my iPhone and doesn't do the cupcake justice.)

Banana Cupcakes
(May also use this recipe for bread)

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. mashed, ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
1 1/2 c. white sugar
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend wet ingredients together, then add sifted dry ingredients and mix.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full or spray 1 loaf pan with non-stick spray and fill for bread.

Bake cupcakes for 22-25 minutes or bread for 1 hour 20 minutes.
Top cupcakes with whipped chocolate buttercream frosting and enjoy!!


Whipped Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped*
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 T. unsweetened cocoa
3 sticks unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream

Melt chocolate and let cool. Blend butter until creamy, then add powdered sugar and cocoa.  Add cooled melted chocolate, vanilla and whipping cream.  Whip for 5 minutes, then chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before frosting.

*If you are like me and do not keep unsweetened baking chocolate on hand, use 9 T. of unsweetened cocoa plus 3 T. oil in place of the 3 oz. melted chocolate. This is in addidtion to the other 1 1/2 T. the recipe calls for.

No comments: