Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Creamy Broccoli Soup by The Food Nanny

Dinner #6: Creamy Broccoli Soup
Time: medium
Price: $


My thoughts: A tasty take.  What makes this soup so super creamy is it's secret ingredient, also known as one of my favorite foods: cream cheese.  At first I wasn't sure what kind of flavor cream cheese would give this soup . . . but now I know: creamy. And delicious.  Go figure.  My other favorite Broccoli soup is this one here.  But they are so different in their own good that I'll be making both from now on.  Really yummy people, give this one a try.

What I loved: not only did I love the cream cheese, but I also loved how easy and cheap this meal was.  You can use freeze nearly all the ingredients which means one thing: convenience.  And as a mother of three that word is extremely liberating.

ingredients (you might want to half this)
6 cups water
2 pounds frozen Broccoli, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
10 chicken bullion cubes
1/2 cup butter
9 T flour
2 pkgs cream cheese
4 cups milk

instructions
Bring water, broccoli, carrots, and bullion to a boil, cook for 15 mins.  Melt butter, flour, and cream cheese in a sauce pan while your broccoli is cooking.  The cream cheese mixture will be a paste.  Slowly add the milk.  Cook on low heat until thickened.  Add to veggies to broth.

______________________
So believe it or not, but I've cooked way more than I've blogged.  I've come to find out that it's really hard and time consuming to blog everyday.  Note to self: next time just blog a summary at the end of my challenge.  Every day is too much. ;)  But I will finish this one out!

1 comment:

Puspha said...

Nice post. If you're searching for the menu and prices of J. Alexander's Restaurant, you've come to the right place. We provide complete details of eat n park pie prices, so be sure to check them out before your visit to the restaurant.