Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chicken Breast with Crab and Artichoke Stuffing


The name of this recipe actually begins with Creole Chicken Breast. I thought I had the needed seasoning to make this a "creole" dish, but I couldn't find it. So I made due. Still really yummy.

Ingredients
Chicken:
1 to 1&1/2 lb chicken breast (I used two chicken breasts, and sliced three thin cutlets from each)
Salt and Pepper
A few pinches of poultry seasoning (I did not use this)

Stuffing:
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 rib celery, finally chopped
2T olive oil
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I have the big Costco jar. I used about 1&1/2 c)
1/2 c chicken broth
8 to 10 oz crab meat (I always use real meat, I don't know if this will work with imitation)
2 sliced white bread, toasted and buttered (I used 4 slices)
1 t old bay seasoning (I didn't have this. So I added Cajan seasoning and freshly ground peppercorn)
Salt and pepper to taste

Creole Sauce
1T olive oil
1 pat butter
1 c dry sherry (I didn't have this either)
1 c chicken broth (I used the rest of the can, about 1&1/2 c)
1T cornstarch

Instructions
Chicken:
As I mentioned above, I sliced the chicken breasts into thin, flat slices. And set aside.

Stuffing:
Add olive oil to a pan and saute the green onions and celery for about 3 minutes. Add the cut up artichoke hearts and the chicken broth. Cook for about a minute. Add the crabmeat and heat. Cut the toast into cubes and add to pan. Add seasoning and cook until stuffing is moist.


Roll the stuffing into the chicken. I used toothpicks to keep them rolled.


Add butter and olive oil from the sauce to the pan. The instructions say to cook the chicken in the pan and cook for 2 to minutes per side. Rolled with toothpicks, there are quite a few "sides". I cooked the chicken thoroughly on each side.


Sauce:
Don't rinse out the pan after cooking the chicken. Add the wine and/or broth to the pan. Once comes to a boil, reduce heat and add cornstarch to thicken. I then put the chicken back into the sauce so serve.

Enjoy!

No comments: