Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Breakfast Casserole by The Food Nanny

Dinner #4: Breakfast Casserole
Time: medium
Price: $

My thoughts: Had I not messed up? Probably pretty good.  I'm a dummy and when halving the recipe I forgot to half the sodium.  Instead of only using 1/2 can of the condensed cheddar soup . . . oh I used the entire thing.  And I'm pretty sure I over salted as well.  Leaving this dish saltier than the Great Salt Lake itself.  Eghads.  But my cute husband had two or three servings anyway and said I "did a good job, maybe just less salt next time."  Problem is I've now ruined it for me, so I don't know that there'll be a next time.  However, having said that, my husband thinks it would have been one of his fave dishes had I not over salted.  So you decide.

What I didn't love: the texture of the condensed soup. But again, I added too much.  So totally my fault for this one.

ingredients (already halved)
14 oz frozen hashbrowns
1/4 t garlic salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 T butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

instructions
In a large skillet, prepare hashbrowns as directed by package. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.  Top with soup.  Set aside 1/2 cup bacon; sprinkling remaining bacon over soup. In a bowl, whisk eggs. In another skillet, heat butter until hot.  Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until nearly set.  Spoon over bacon.  Sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 min or until cheese is melted.

No comments: