Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gooey Toffee Butter Cake


With all the healthy lunch recipes we should be posting right now, I tried to resist posting this wicked dessert. But it is the last recipe I have photos from to post and I will now be all caught up. So, I am sharing. This is a recipe from Paula Deen. So what does that mean? Well, besides the fact that it is totally NOT good for you, it is full of butter. I don't like butter on toast, etc, but I do cook with a lot of it. This recipe is no exception.

Gooey Toffee Butter Cake

Ingredients:
Cake
1 box yellow cake mix (mix only)
1 egg
1/2 c butter, melted

Filling
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c butter, melted
1 c toffee bits (I use the Heath chips you can buy near the chocolate chips at the market)

Instructions:
For the cake: Mix the dry cake mix, egg and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a cake dish.
For the filling: Mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time. Add the butter and mix. Finally add the toffee bits. Pour over the cake mix crust.
Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes. (I usually do 45 minutes.) Remember this is a gooey cake. Your toothpick or fork must come out of the center of the dish with a gooey covering.

You can see the gooeyness.
I cut into it warm so you can see this gooeyness,
it won't be quick this gooey when cooled.

Allow to cool completely and cut into squares, small squares. This is a super, super rich dessert.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Holy Hannah Caprene - are you pullin' a Julia here and cooking a new meal every night? :) These all look delicious - you may have sold me on both cookbooks. I'll tell my husband he has you to thank for that future expense. ;)

Caprene said...

Buy them on Amazon - cheaper than in the stores, no tax and free shipping. I am caught up now though. I usually cook 2-3 times a week, depending on the week. And not always a new item. But I am going to start going through older cook books again. Hopefully I find some more good recipes to share. =)

LisiCakes said...

OMG! One of the best math teachers I ever had was well-known for randomly baking his students Gooey Butter Cake; possibly my most positive memory of high school.... def adding this to me *to bake* list :]