Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bringing Families Back to the Dinner Table: The Food Nanny

I'm sure a lot of you have heard about, even tried, BYUtv's The Food Nanny.  I was just introduced to her by my sister in law, and have challenged myself to do her NANNY PLAN.  It's an organized meal decision-making / grocery-shopping application.  It was extremely simple to use. You can even add your own recipes to the app and link up with your friends and use their recipes as well.  Then once you've chosen all your recipes for the two week spread, you can print out an organized shopping list.  Wha?!  Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'.  It this works, my life just got easier. (Oh!  And you can narrow your recipe search to "cheap meals" by clicking on the dollar signs $$ or "fast meals" by clicking on the little clocks.)

I plan to journal each step of the way; what failed, what was fantastic, would I do it again?  I unofficially challenge you to the Food Nanny as well . . .

Meanwhile, here are the meals I chose and will be preparing within the next two weeks.  Wish me luck! (And I had nearly ALL of the ingredients already! No weird things here! Simple and easy.)

Chicken Rice Broccoli Bake
Creamy Broccoli Soup
Bow-Tie Pasta & Cherry Tomato
Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken
White Pizza with Chicken
White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
Roast Chicken with Gravy
Six Can Tortilla Soup
Chicken and Potatoes Italiano
Orange Chicken
Breakfast Casserole
Chicken Salsa Casserole
Crock-Pot Roast Beef Dinner

1 comment:

jakenapril said...

i actually have this book, thanks to my m-i-l who thought i needed it? she does have great ideas but i have yet to put it into action. maybe i'll take on this challenge. thanks, gina!