Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peanut Butter Blossoms


I really love cookies.  I love baking them, I love eating the dough, and I love giving them to people.  This recipe comes from my good friend Lindsey, and is quite possibly the best peanut butter blossom cookie recipe around.  The difference comes from rolling the cookies in raw sugar instead of regular sugar and using three milk chocolate chips instead of a Hershey's kiss on top.  They are delicious!

Peanut Butter Blossoms

1 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp. vanilla
48 candy kisses, or milk chocolate chips
(I did not get 48 cookies out of this batch, maybe I made mine too big!)
*Raw sugar for rolling

Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl, mixing until fluffy.  Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a seperate bowl.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine on a low speed.  Shape the dough (it will be sticky not dry) into balls and roll in big-chunk raw sugar.  Bake 9-10 minutes (7 minutes in my oven) at 400 degrees.  Top immediately with a kiss (or 3 milk chocolate chips) and press into cookie.  Cool on a wire rack.

*Raw sugar, or turbinado sugar is found in all grocery stores.  Look for it where the regular sugar is, usually on the top shelf.

2 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Who could ever say NO to the peanut butter cookies!! I just love them!

dave + kirst said...

made them and everyone really liked them. thanks for the recipe! the raw sugar is awesome.