Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sweet Salsa Chicken

I got this recipe out of one of my favorite recipe books called The Domestic Art: A Collection of Fine Recipes - a book my sister in law gave me a few Christmases ago.  It seems almost every recipe I've tried out of this book has been a success and new favorite.  So I'm pleased to share yet another recipe from it . . . super easy Sweet Salsa Chicken.

ingredients
1 pkg. taco seasoning
4 chicken breasts
2 T. oil
1 c salsa
1/4 c apricot jam (I used apple)
1/4 c water
1 T cilantro
1 T lime juice
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained

instructions
Cut chicken into bite size pieces.  In large skillet heat oil; add chicken and taco seasoning and cook until juices run clear.  Add salsa, apricot jam, water, cilantro, and lime juice.  Bring to a boil.  Stir in beans, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.  Serve over rice.

No comments: