Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Monday, October 19, 2009

Butternut Squash and Curried Apple Soup

I love fall, because I love soup!

Again, I cooked for others, so didn't think to take a picture until I was all cleaned up. But standing on the right, that's my newest toy. I've always wanted one. Pouring hot soup into a blender or food processor has never been a talent of mine. I finally got a handy dandy hand blender.However did I survive without it? (I can actually answer that - with burns spotting my arms and hands whenever pureeing soup.)

Ingredients
4 T butter

2 c yellow onion, finely chopped

1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped

1 T curry powder

2 green apples, peeled, seeded and chopped

3 c chicken broth

1 ½ t Tabasco sauce

1 t salt

¼ t marjoram

¼ t rosemary

1 c apple juice

Salt and pepper

Sour cream


Instructions

Melt butter in pot. Add onion and curry. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on low.

Add squash, apples, broth, sauce, salt, marjoram and rosemary.

Bring to boil, reduce and simmer for 25 minutes.

Puree soup in processor, return to pot and add juice.

Season with salt and pepper.

Serve with dollop of sour cream and apple slices atop.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Mmmmm, sounds good! I am also a soup girl, I'll have to try this one.