Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pan-Fried Chicken

I'm so excited to be part of the wonderful world of, Eat Your Veggies, Peas! I love cooking and finding new recipes as well as sharing what fun things I come across. Hope you enjoy!



1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
2 tbs. chopped fresh basil
1 c. buttermilk (I used soy milk)
1/2 c. flour
6 chicken tenders or 4 large chicken breads
Salt and Pepper
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1. In a shallow dish, stir together the breadcrumbs and 2 tbs. basil. In a separate shallow dish, add the buttermilk; in a third dish, add the flour. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Working with 1 piece at a time, coat the chicken in the flour, then dip into the buttermilk and coat with the breadcrumbs, shaking to remove any excess.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 c. olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown (about 5 minutes) drain on paper towel.
I thought the chicken could use a little something extra so I squeezed 1 lemon over all the chicken after it was cooked.

No comments: