Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Candy Chicken

I LOVE this chicken. It is super easy and although the ingredients sound weird, they make a delicious sauce! PS I'm not sure why it's called Candy Chicken because it doesn't taste like candy.... :)

YOU NEED:

a few chicken breasts, or tenders or whatever chicken you like cut into strips
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c mustard
1/2 c ketchup
1 tbsp worchestire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 c minced onion
1 tsp salt
bread crumbs
2 beaten eggs

TO DO:

Bread the chicken using the dip in egg then dip in bread crumbs method. Lay the breaded chickens in a 9x13 dish. In a saucepan over medium heat mix the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour the sauce over the breaded chickens. Stick in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Serve over rice!

Tips: This is an easy recipe to feed a crowd because you can just use as much chicken as you want and easily double the sauce. It's a pretty forgiving recipe meaning you don't have to add onions if you don't want to, more brown sugar = a little sweeter etc. Play around and enjoy!

5 comments:

Caprene said...

Gretchen - I made this for my friend, who just had her third child, and her family -including her visiting parents. They LOVED it. Her 2 and 4 year old boys LOVED it. They kept saying over and over - this is soooo good.

Thanks for the big hit at dinner and I did give you the credit. All I did was follow your directions.

Gretchen said...

Oh good! I'm glad it turned out! This is always a hit when I make it, and super easy!

ariel said...

i need to make this. sounds deeeelicious. maybe sean will eat it if i don't mention that it's called "candy chicken". :)

Kami said...

This is MMMM good! Definitely not a low calorie dish...but it has a good sweet flavor that I think anyone would love! I used Dijon mustard.

Did you guys use fresh or dry bread crumbs?

Heidi said...

Girl you know I love this dish! I cut back on the brown sugar a bit and have served it several times for guests..each time with rave reviews!