Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and yummy breadsticks






Soup: 5-6 chicken breasts, cubed
2 Tbsp butter
1 32 oz container chicken broth
Minced onion
1 1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
8 cubes chicken bouillon
Seasoning salt
1 16 oz. package of Grandma's frozen egg noodles (can be found in the frozen aisle)

Brown chicken tenders with butter, minced onion and seasoning salt.

In a 1 1/2 gallon pan (I think it is how big it is) fill pan half with water. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add carrots, celery, chicken bouillon, seasoning salt (to taste). (If you don't have seasoning salt, you can add celery salt and onion salt.) Add browned chicken and noodles. Cook until noodles and vegetables are soft.

Breadsticks:
I get the bread dough from Dick's bakery. Or you can use any white bread dough of your own recipe.

Flour surface and roller and roll out dough until flat. Cut into thin short strips and put on greased baking sheet. Let rise for several hours. Spread melted butter on dough and sprinkle McCormick's Salad Supreme on. Bake at 350 degrees for about 11 minutes or until done. If you are butter lovers, you can add more melted butter to the breadsticks right after you take them out of the oven.

Warning: breadsticks are VERY irresistible!!!

3 comments:

Caprene said...

FYI everyone - my family makes those rolls too (though I use applesauce) - if you have ever eaten at Maglebys in Provo, they may be elsewhere too, we got the recipe from them. This is how they make their insanely delicious, have to have one more, rolls. I agree, they are irresistible.

Gina said...

MMmmm. Okay, you guys have sold me on the bread sticks. I'm such a bread person, I could eat six bread sticks with any meal. Maybe more. :)

Staci said...

Gina, good thing I put in a good warning. You will NOT stop eating them! I too, am a bread person. Not good! :)