Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Sunday, June 27, 2010

Corn Soufflé

Every month when my aunt emails out our "dinner on the second Sunday this month will be..." email telling us the main dish, all of us 'reply to all' stating we will or won't be there and if we're coming, we let everyone know what we will be bringing. Three weeks ago, my cute cousin's wife replied their family would be there and she would bring Corn Souffle. I immediately replied to her, "You'll bring corn souffle and you'll bring the recipe for corn souffle." And she did, she brought a couple copies of the recipe for those of us wanting one. This is soooo yummy. It's basically fancy corn bread, not as dry as corn bread though. Typing the recipe out, since it's the first time I made it myself, I realize I added extra of one ingredient so I made a special note so you don't make the same mistake. I didn't have Jiffy corn bread mix (I honestly thought I had some in my food storage, but couldn't find it), so I found a recipe online for a homemade equivalent. It worked out OK still, but I recommend the original recipe if you can.
=)

Ingredients:
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
1 Jiffy corn muffin mix**
2 eggs
3/8 c or 3/4 stick butter, melted (I put the 3/8 c & 3/4 stick measurements more for me, who just realized while typing this recipe I read 3/4 stick as 3/4 c so my souffle is going to be really, really buttery today... oops! I don't recommend it, too buttery for a butter taste disliker like myself.)

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees
Grease a 9"x13" casserole dish (I probably didn't need to spray mine with all that butter I added)
Mix all the ingredients together
Pour into greased dish and bake for 45 minutes.

**Homemade Jiffy corn muffin mix

-->
2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c yellow cornmeal
3 T granulated sugar
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
2 T vegetable oil

Enjoy!

No comments: