Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Extremely Easy Chicken Rolls

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe ages ago. It's been a consistent staple in the Catenzaro home. I hereby deem worthy of a post. :)

Ingredients:
1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
1/4 T. butter
1 can chicken (or the 'real' stuff...)
1 can croissant rolls (at least 6 in a can)
1/4 t. black pepper

Instructions:
In a medium size bowl mix cream cheese and butter together (may have to soften in microwave). Add chicken and pepper). Mix well.

Open croissant rolls. Stretch or spread each croissant roll with your fingers to make them each a little larger (I just do it directly on the cookie sheet I'm going to cook them on). Spoon cream cheese mixture into each roll. Fold up and pinch to close.

Cook for about 15 min (read the back of the roll can) at 350 degrees.

Serve with a veggie and enjoy!

Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-6
____________________

I've heard of people rolling the final product (before you cook it) in stuffing mixture, then cooking it. I've also heard of making a gravy to poor over it. Have you heard of any other ideas?

8 comments:

ariel said...

i've had it rolled in butter & bread crumbs. it was DELICIOUS. more calories... but so delicious :)

ariel said...

oh and the gravy i've had over it is just cream of chicken soup.

ariel said...

wow 3 comments by me :)

i made these the other night and they were de-lish. and sean LOVED them.

Gina said...

sean LOVED them?!! we hit the jackpot people!!!!

Melissa and Nate said...

Gina - I just came across this blog and I'm so glad I did! Everything looks so yummy!
We make chicken pillows at least every other week because Nate loves them so much. I add green onions and crushed red peppers to the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. We also use the cream of chicken gravy, but mix it with skim milk to make it more runny (and a little less fattening!). (1/2 can C of C and 1/2 cup milk.)

Gina said...

Oooh, I'll have to try that. Anthony would love it.

Stephanie said...

We have made these for years and LOVE them!! Subtract the butter and pepper from your recipe and add in a can of cream of chicken or cream of celery soup and you have our recipe! We also take the croissants and rather than peeling them to triangles we leave them in rectangles and seal them (one roll makes 4).

jakenapril said...

I have a similar recipe only with mushrooms and minced onion (dried) in the chicken mixture. And I've done them both ways, with topping and without...it's sixes. And we usually have the pillows with homemade mashers, chicken gravy (same as melissa...1% milk), and green beans. Tasty, tasty, tasty.

I bet rotisserie chicken would also work well in these tasty pillows.