Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Thursday, October 16, 2008

Banana\Zucchini Bread

I am excited to get this recipe written down somewhere other than the back of an old, greasy receipt that it is scrawled on right now. This is the best recipe for banana or zucchini bread that I have tried. We love it and make it whenever we have bananas that are getting old or if we have some zucchini needing to get eaten up. I love that the recipe is exactly the same for both bread. Enjoy!

3 eggs
1 C. oil
2 1\2 C. sugar
1 TBS. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1\4 tsp. cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I usually put in more!)
3 C. flour

3-4 bananas

or

2 C. shredded zucchini

Mix all ingredients in that order. It helps to use some sort of electric mixer if possible.

I have a large bunt pan that I make mine with, but you can also use two medium size bread pans.

Grease the sides of your pan before pouring batter into it. Bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes

Cover with foil for the first 20 minutes.

alterations:
I add about 1 1\2 C. chocolate chips and put about a tablespoon of cinnamon in it when I want to make it more of a dessert. I also sprinkle a sugar and cinnamon mixture on the greased sides of the pan.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Great minds think alike! I was just going to post my Zucchini bread recipe too! If it's different enough I'll still post it. Hey, and I tried your Ramen Chicken Salad last night...delectable! I used Rice Vinegar instead of White and it turned out great (and I used the Oriental Ramen too).

ariel said...

i need to make this. i'm a big fan of zucchini bread.

ariel said...

also, i was totally going to post my mom's apple crisp recipe... but i tried making it and it didn't turn out so great! i'll have to get the REAL recipe instead of my mom's from-memory instructions while she's driving :)