Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Sunday, September 21, 2008

the best buttermilk syrup (+ german pancakes)

So apparently I'm on a breakfast theme here. We just had breakfast for dinner again and it was pretty much heaven-sent. I have THE BEST homemade syrup recipe in the world (thanks to my cousin Tanys!), and I challenge ALL to try it. I PROMISE it will be love at first taste, just as it was for me. (Oh and we love to put it on German pancakes...so I threw that recipe in here as well). Enjoy!



Best Buttermilk Syrup

1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 stick of butter (not margarine!)
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla


Instructions:

In a medium (not small...or baking soda will overflow it!) saucepan stir sugar, butter, milk, corn syrup, and soda. Boil. Reduce heat, cook for 7 minutes. Remove from heat, and add vanilla.


German Pancakes

6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
Dash of salt
4 tablespoons butter (melted on cookie sheet)

Instructions:

Melt butter on a cookie sheet in oven as it's pre-heating to 350 degrees. Once melted, add batter. Put back in oven, cook for 20 min.


Serves: 4
Time: 25 min

1 comment:

ariel said...

well you're two up on me on the food blog! i could seriously go for some german pancakes right now! sounds yummy!