Pages

Welcome Fellow Food Enthusiasts


Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunday Best Part One

This is my favorite recipe for company because it is not too complicated to make and it seems impressive! My dad has borrowed my camera so I was unable to photograph my actual results but I have borrowed some pictures from the food network website which is also where these recipes came from.

*The one disclaimer that I will give is that you MUST use a meat thermometer in order to cook the tenderloin properly. My oven runs hot so I cut the roasting time nearly in half but I had to experiment with this a bit the first time I made it to figure it out. Everybody's oven is different so the cooking time is not an exact science. The meat thermometer will save you and your tenderloin!



Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen

1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin, with fat left on
1 tablespoon kosher salt (this is too much for me, I use a little under one tablespoon)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
(I usually use dried thyme and basil, but always fresh rosemary. I love fresh rosemary!)

Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
Place the pork loin on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. With your fingers, massage the mixture onto the pork loin, covering all of the meat and fat. Position the pork loin fat side up on the roasting rack and place in the oven.
Roast the pork for 30 minutes (I do 20 minutes here, again hot oven) then reduce the heat to 425 degrees F and roast for an additional hour (I check it at 30 minutes and it's usually reached the right internal temperature). Test for doneness using an instant-read thermometer. When the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees, remove the roast from the oven.

Cover the roast with foil and allow to sit for 20 minutes before carving. It will continue to cook as it rests and allowing it to rest will make it really juicy.

Serves 6-8


No comments: